HealthNet of Rock County, Inc. is a free and charitable clinic that opened in 1994 as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization through the result of a needs assessment completed by the Salvation Army in 1993. This assessment identified a lack of affordable health care as one of the major problems of Rock County.
Many of HealthNet’s patients have serious chronic health conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and/or asthma. When individuals prolong treatment or choose not to seek care because of the fear associated with incurring debt from medical bills, the community suffers in the loss of productive employees, consumers, parents, and healthy members of the community. We address these potential issues by providing vision, dental, and other medical services at an affordable rate to the Rock County community.
HealthNet of Rock County, Inc. is dedicated to excellence and innovation in the provision of primary health and dental care and health education, delivered free or at low cost, to enhance the quality of life for the underserved residents of Rock County, Wisconsin.
What we’ve done:
- Provided over 23,567 prescriptions worth an estimated $2 million to prevent health care crisis situations. (Pharmaceutical companies generously donate the majority of HealthNet’s prescription inventory)
- Completed 32% of treatment plans established at the dental clinic.
- New dental clinic patients receive treatment plans on their first visits which includes all services needed.
- Reduced the number of ER visits for 74% of our patients that consider HealthNet their medical home.
- Enrolled patients into the BadgerCare Core Plus program or placed them on the appropriate waiting list.
- Implemented a new policy for patients to verify that they are uninsured by providing a denial letter from the State program. This ensures that HealthNet is complying with contract requirements and that there is no duplication of service.
- Increased the number of volunteer hours by 50% over the last two years.
Learn more about HealthNet of Rock County
View our magazine-style annual reports